Advertisement

Friday 26 September 2014

Silver medal in the Keirin event belongs Azizul cancel


INCHEON:  national cycling champion, Josiah Ng does not feel a happy mood with a bronze medal in the individual men's keirin after a controversial decision to deny the position of second place teammate Azizul Awang at the Asian Games 17th here today.

Josiah, who finished the race in fourth, were awarded the bronze medal after Azizul revoked by the commissar for obstructing other drivers during acceleration.

Riders Japan, Kazunari Watanabe, who had finished third, won the silver medal, while riders of Iran, Mohammad Daneshvarkhourram medal gold.

"When they announced, it triggers the same emotions as the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. I was a bit angry, but in sports, we have to
accept it.

"My mixed emotions because we are so familiar. Anyone in my situation might be happy with this medal, but for me, Azizul is like my sister.

"I'm not as happy as they should. But we must realize that in a sport and things like this happen. If the decision to be reviewed, I would be happy for him, "he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment