Advertisement

Thursday 7 May 2015

Find out what Jaymee Nghi Do, from Vietnam, thinks of her experience at De Montfort University.

Jaymee Nghi Do, from Vietnam, is currently studying the International Foundation Certificate in Art and Design at Leicester International Pathway College, at De Montfort University campus. She is sharing her positive experience below.

“I chose to join Leicester International Pathway College (LIPC) as its International Foundation Certificate in Art and Design allows me to progress to the BA Graphic Design course which is the undergraduate degree I want to study at De Montfort University (DMU).   Through my research of various UK universities, I could see that DMU has a very high graduation rate and this was an important factor for me in choosing DMU.  I really like the art and design workshops here at DMU as they help with my course.  All the staff in the workshops are really nice, they give me free materials and help me with my work.  During my time at university, I want to be more creative, think differently, and improve my drawing skills.  A Vietnamese friend of mine inspires me, he taught me how to draw and he inspires me with ideas on how to approach my work.  I also get inspiration from Oliver Jeffers, an illustrator from New York whose work I really admire, especially his children’s picture books. In the future, I can see myself as a Creative Director.  After I graduate, I want to work for a graphic design company for a few years, and then return to Vietnam to work for my mum with her company.  I know I have to pass the foundation course with high scores to join DMU.  I want to be the best student on the course.   If I could live anywhere in the world, I would like to live in Norway as I have family there.  From Norway, I can travel around Europe, it’s easier to do that from Norway than from Vietnam.  The university provides you with everything you need, from workshops, teachers to student societies.  Everything you need is here, at DMU.”

No comments:

Post a Comment