Advertisement

Sunday 7 June 2015

I was asked to stop talking because 'make noise'

Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad when giving a speech at the Dialogue with NGOs PM Putra World Trade Centre

KUALA LUMPUR - "I asked the police to stop speaking because I said 'are making noise' in the program today," said the former Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

He also did not know that the Inspector General of Police, Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar has issued instructions to cancel the program.

"I do not know her direction, I do not hear, what I can tell the police come to me, ask me to stop (talking)," he told reporters after a dialogue with NGOs PM suddenly canceled at the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) here today.

Forum organized by the Bar Association of Volunteers (Sukaguam) was canceled at the last minute after the IGP through his Twitter account today asked it be postponed due to security reasons.

While Sukaguam tried to negotiate with the police, but at a more centered on explaining the issue 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) was postponed to a later date.

Earlier, the forum is to be held at 9 am was followed by a keynote address by Dr Mahathir after Najib did not show up after an hour and a half wait.

Elaborating, Dr Mahathir also said that his presence at the forum was to hear his own explanation regarding the problems posed by Najib on several issues including the 'lost RM42 billion fund' by 1MDB.

"That's why I came and asked for my permission to be given the opportunity together with Datuk Seri Najib.

"If he can be one hour, one hour, I also ask, if he were to answer the question, I also want to answer the question, but unfortunately Datuk Seri Najib could not come because the police to cancel the meeting," he said.

Dr Mahathir said that although he was prevented to continue his speech, he asked the police to allow him to meet with the media.

"I obey the law, but I ask permission for me to speak with the media," he explained.

When asked about his volume has been eerie Najib to appear on the program, Dr Mahathir said, however, there is nothing to fear if Najib can explain.

"I can not hurt anyone, why should people (Najib) I'm afraid to me, you (media) was not afraid of me," he said.

However, Dr Mahathir only assume that Najib's absence because he was busy with official government business.

"We do not know (why Najib was not present), I think she's busy, she must have official duty more important than meet with people," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment